This South Carolina approved permit course is for all South Carolina citizens who want or need to carry a concealed handgun for their personal or family’s safety. In this course, you will learn parts and operation of the handgun, proper and safe storage of a handgun, cleaning of both pistols and revolvers, and techniques for the improving the skills needed for accurate shot placement. Also there will be instructions on the laws and the obligations of the concealed weapon permit carrier. Upon completion of this course you may apply to the State of South Carolina for a concealed weapon permit. Note: A fee of $50 must be sent along with your permit application to the State of South Carolina
You must be 21 years of age to enroll in this course.
The SC Concealed Weapons Permit course will be a minimum of eight hours as required by SLED.
- Information on the statutory and case law of South Carolina relating to handguns and to the use of lethal and deadly force.
- Information on handgun use and safe gun handling skills.
- Proper storage practice for handguns with an emphasis on storage practices that reduces the possibility of accidental injury to a child.
- The actual firing of the handgun in the presence of the instructor along with safe handling of the firearm including loading, unloading and accurate shot placement.
- Legal provisions of prohibited carry locations as a SC CWP permit holder.
- Guidance on the proper selection of a concealed handgun and carry options.
- Instruction on where and how to apply and the related documents for a permit.
Included in the cost of the course are targets, fingerprint cards, photos and notary services that are required for permit application.
You need to bring:
- A handgun (No Single Action Cowboy Revolver), matching holster and belt.
- You will need at least 50 rounds of (Target Grade) Factory ammunition
- Hearing and eye protection.
- A valid and correct South Carolina Drivers License or SC State ID card must be presented during class.
South Carolina CWP is an 8 plus hours course with a class fee of $85.00 per person.